WordPress is a low-maintenance platform, but it’s important to take some basic steps to keep your website running smoothly. Here are 7 tips on how to maintain your WordPress website:
- Back up your website regularly. This is the most important thing you can do to protect your website. In the event of a hack or other disaster, you’ll be able to restore your website quickly and easily if you have a recent backup. There are many different WordPress backup plugins available, so choose one that meets your needs and budget.
- Update your WordPress software and plugins. WordPress releases security updates and bug fixes on a regular basis, so it’s important to keep your software and plugins up to date. You can do this manually or by using a plugin like WP AutoUpdate.
- Monitor your website for security threats. There are a number of WordPress security plugins available that can scan your website for malware and other security threats. Consider using one of these plugins to monitor your website’s security.
- Keep your WordPress database clean. Your WordPress database stores all of your website’s content, including posts, pages, comments, and users. Over time, your database can become cluttered with unused data. To keep your database clean, you can use a plugin like WP-DBManager to delete unused data and optimize your database tables.
- Test your website regularly. It’s important to test your website regularly to make sure that everything is working properly. This includes testing your website’s forms, links, and images. You can use a tool like BrowserStack to test your website on different browsers and devices.
- Optimize your website for speed. Website speed is an important ranking factor in search engines, and it also has a big impact on user experience. You can optimize your website for speed by using a caching plugin and optimizing your images.
- Keep your WordPress theme and plugins up to date. WordPress themes and plugins also release security updates and bug fixes on a regular basis. It’s important to keep your theme and plugins up to date to protect your website and improve its performance.
By following these tips, you can keep your WordPress website running smoothly and protect it from security threats.
In addition to the above tips, you may also want to consider hiring a WordPress maintenance professional. Atomic Coffee Media can help you with tasks such as backing up your website, updating your WordPress software and plugins, monitoring your website for security threats, and optimizing your website for speed. Contact Us Today!